Sunday, February 12, 2006

Winter wonderland

We're in the middle of a lovely blizzard-y day in NS, and I have some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies in the oven. I got the recipe from allrecipes.com, my favourite recipe site. It's a cookie with perfect texture, and they are SO good cold.

Things that people generally don't know exist (meaning I didn't) but that make things easier when you do:

1. When using Mozilla Firefox, if you press Ctrl+F, a cute little 'find' bar appears at the bottom of the screen. Type in what you're looking for on the page, and it takes you there.

2. In WordPerfect, when making invitations or other fun paper things, click on format, paragrah, drop cap, and you can get a giant first letter for your paragraph, a la first paragraph of a chapter.

3. When using the braille blazer to emboss documents, press F4 at the top of the document and it widens the margin so you can easily hole punch or bind the pages. (I learned this one today!)

No comments: