Friday, August 25, 2006

simple greener cleaners

Once again, I am somewhat famous. I was on Maritime Noon's call in this afternoon, as the subject was green living and I wanted to contribute. This is probably the 4th time I've called in (on different subjects) and in some ways I feel silly, but not really. Anyway, one of the things I shared today is a recipe for:

Natural Spray Disinfectant
2 cups water
2 tbsp dish soap (natural is best - Down East, Nature Clean, etc.)
a few drops tea tree oil

Pour into spray bottle and use on countertops, kid's toys, etc. Tea tree oil is a natural disinfectant, also useful on skin blemishes!

Also, using a shaker bottle with baking soda and a spray bottle of vinegar is the best way I've found to clean sinks and the bathtub. Vinegar is also a wonderful natural cleaner, and it can be used with water to clean floors, full strength on mirrors or bathtub grime, as a laundry additive in the rinse cycle (especially great for new towels.) Happy (and safe!) cleaning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vinegar rocks!