Friday, December 29, 2006

adventures at the pee-in-a-styrofoam-cup prenatal clinic

Appointment #2 at the prenatal clinic was this morning at 10:00. We walked into a pink-floored waiting room full of beautiful big-bellied women (and a couple of very cute children) and read silly magazines. I also peed in a styrofoam cup and wrote my name on it and left it on the counter (you're supposed to) and was weighed and my blood pressure was checked ("Perfect" on both accounts; I've only gained 2.5 pounds since my visit at the beginning of November). We met a very friendly doctor who measured my belly (also "perfect"). But the best and most amazing part of all (even better than writing my name on the styrofoam cup which I was clever enough to do before and not after I peed in it) - we heard the baby's heartbeat! It was amazing. Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh. It was the most beautiful sound I think I've ever heard. It was regular and sounded strong. :))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherrie,
I came across your blog through Adam's website (I didn't know he did photography. Does he do people too? I might be interested in a family portrait someday.) which I found through a link on marlaanderic.com which I saw advertised on Marla's shirt.
Glad to hear your baby is growing and healthy.
Your house looks nice in the pictures you posted. I still haven't come to visit. I will one of these days.
-Bobbiann.

Sherrie said...

Hi Bobbiann! Nice to hear from you. I'm pretty sure that Adam wouldn't mind doing a family portrait for you guys. You can contact him at info@adamgrahamphoto.com and he could give you more details. And you're always welcome to pop in for a visit. I'm going to take a peek at your website now!
Sherrie