Saturday, October 15, 2005

"Aww. The bounce has gone from his bungee."

Adam, Annie and I went to see "Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit" last night at our very humble local theatre. They have recently done some renovations to the building, and have relocated the sign which announces all of the movies from high above the masses down to eye and body level. This might make sense if there was some sort of cover over the sign, but since there isn't, "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" became something like "The Exercise of Limey Sore". A new theatre is being built as I type, so hopefully they will re-think the sign height.
The movie was great, mostly because everything is so darn cute!
There is a short film before the movie, which was hilariously funny and also painfully cute: "Attached before the Wallace and Gromit film is a short film featuring the Penguins from 2005's MADAGASCAR. "A Christmas Caper" is stock full of laughs, and while some of the references seem to require knowledge of Madagascar (a film I did not see), the piece is an enjoyable 10 minutes." I agree entirely. Watch for the penguins to drink Mr T's Old Timey Nog. :)
Although I really enjoyed the film, I think I liked "A Close Shave" better. But perhaps that's only because I've watched it several times. Maybe after I've seen this one five or six times I'll prefer it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you'll see the sign at a safe height, away from mischievous hands. And as hard as I find it to believe, Empire says the new theatres should be open at the end of November. Fingers crossed.