post a terrific picture I took of the caramelized onion, arugula, and goat's cheese pizza I made the other night.
But our computer died. Again.
I have all of my soap things backed up, and I have another computer I am using right now, but some of my pictures are inaccessible on the other Mac. Phooey. Mac's aren't supposed to die! Ingrid was kind enough to bring hers over, as I needed to print some labels from our external drive and this Windows beast won't open those files properly. So thanks, Ingrid!
In other news, I'm a busy gal this weekend, packing up soaps which have sold in my Etsy shop. Oh, did you hear? I'm this weekend's featured seller!
Until the picture is available again, here' the recipe for the pizza, from the latest issue of The Herb Companion. It's delicious, beautiful, and simple to make.
Ellie Krieger's Arugula, Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced in half moons
4 cups arugula, rinsed, dried, and coarsely chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper
4 whole wheat tortillas (I made real dough in the bread machine)
2 ounces fresh goat's cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion and cook, stirring, until edges are golden and browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
3. Add arugula and cook about 1 minute, until it's wilted. Season with s&p.
4. Place tortillas on baking sheet. To each with arugula mixture. Crumble goat cheese over each.
5. Bake until tortillas are crisp and cheese is slightly melted, about 10 minutes.
6. Let cool a few minutes, cut into wedges and serve.
Enjoy! I really liked this one cold, but that might not be everyone's cup of tea. Happy Saturday!