Friday, June 13, 2008

soapwort and soap

My soapwort is blooming! I saw these little blossoms peeking up this evening, and it took me a minute to remember what I had planted in that spot. There's no scent, but they are so dainty and cute, it doesn't really matter. I tidied up our vegetable bed and planted a couple tomato plants, watered a bit (it's been stangely dry and warm here lately) and did a little weeding after Phillip went to bed. It's so nice that the days are long enough to do that!
What is this? Only the most brilliant inspiration to hit this brain in awhile. Think baking, only soapier.
Does this help?
What about this? Okay, here's what I did. I was having a terrible time getting my round soaps out of my tube mold, so I was lining them with parchment paper. Which worked not-too-badly, but it left wrinkles all around the edges and was tricky to wrestle s I poured the soap in. So I bought a silicone baking mat, rolled it into the tube mold, filled it with a batch of Happy Carrot Complexion Soap, and voila! It came out very easily, and unwrapped like a dream. Next time I think I'll put the smooth side in, although I do like the honeycomb pattern.

Happy weekend! (I only have two weeks left of work before summer holidays, yipeeeeeeeee!)

2 comments:

ingrid said...

You are one smart cookie, my dear!

Michelle said...

Genius, Sherrie!