Friday, January 19, 2007

20 weeks!

Adam took this picture this morning as I was on my way to work - 20 weeks today! Wild. We're going to be taking some much nicer pregnancy pics sometime, hopefully soon. These will have to do in the meantime. The baby was moving a lot this morning, and I had several tiny kicks right under my bellybutton as I was working away at my desk.

I'm still in awe about the ultrasound. I feel like it has changed everything, and now this baby is somehow more real and it means more to protect and love him/her than it did before. It's crazy what a change in perception can do to a person. I guess I can't really put it into words very well, but bursting into tears when I saw our baby moving around on the screen pretty much says it all. Or maybe it just says what the hormones are doing to me!

Speaking of the baby, I did manage to get the soon-to-be nursery cleaned out on my snow day the other day, yay! My office and Adam's are now happily co-existing, but there are still lots of things I have to sort and organize. But the room is ready to be attacked, so that's a great step forward.

In weather related interesting-ness, we have a wind warning and a rainfall warning in effect today. It is WILD outside, and I wish I could just curl up by the fire with a good book. (Speaking of which, I'm reading The Wayward Bus by John Steinbeck these days. Good story!) Well, lunch is almost over, so I guess I should get back to work and forget about the cozy fire.

No comments: