Sunday, January 28, 2007

paperwhites and other miscellany


Here's the paperwhites; I love the pot that came with them. As you can see in the first picture, it's translucent so you can see the roots as they grow. I LOVE that. I also love how beautiful flowers come from very humble looking bulbs, some soil, and water. Amazing.

I was browsing around online last night and found some interesting sites I thought I would share. Whipup.net (handcraft in a hectic world) is a very cool blog with all sorts of craft-y ideas, tutorials, information, etc. I especially like the iPod squid cozy.

Crafty Daisies
seems to be a group of women who post all sorts of projects and craftiness. Lots of great ideas, including this tutorial for Quick and Easy CD Storage. I think I'll be making one of these very soon!

Make: technology on your time has how-to's on just about anything you can think of, from making coffee roasters to how to make your own thermometer (great science project for kids!) A good place to spend some time.

Thimble.ca, a self-proclaimed arts and crafts blog based in TO is another great place to peruse. There's tons of stuff there, so I won't even bother choosing. Well, since you asked, have a peek at the Button of the Month Club.

And this is just about the coolest thing I've seen in awhile. Simple idea, but so neat! Paint chip business card holders. Brilliant. Semi-useless, but still brilliant.

3 comments:

ingrid said...

I can make you that iPod cozy! Or I can help you make your own.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting our site!!

I love the clear pot, how neat that you can see the roots!

Sherrie said...

Thanks for the comments! And thanks for your sweet offer, Ingrid. The only catch is that I don't actually have an iPod which would fit the squid - I just have a lowly shuffle. If I ever do get one, though, I'll definitely remind you of your offer! :)