Monday, January 08, 2007

baby news

Good evening, all. A quick post to bring all up to speed on baby's progress. I'm now 18 weeks 3 days pregnant, and the baby is 6 inches tall and growing rapidly from here on in. I'm supposed to be gaining a pound a week from now on, so I'm hoping it will all be in my beautiful round belly.

Speaking of bellies, there will be belly pics coming soon... I'm getting rather rotund. I love it! And my collection of maternity clothes is coming along nicely, so that makes it extra fun (although no one warned me about how droopy maternity pants can be). I've also been feeling the baby wiggling around fairly often (usually when I lay down, before falling asleep), so that makes it exciting, too. And I'm feeling good. And I love how people light up when they see that I'm pregnant - it makes me feel like I'm making the world a better place. Which is exactly what I need this week after some very sad news from both sides of our family.

I don't think I've mentioned that we have our first ultrasound next week; I'll be sure to post the picture as soon as possible. Hopefully everything will be fine and it will be all good news. And thanks to Ingrid for offering a lovely pink baby hat she knitted if it turns out to be a girl, as everyone suspects. We'll see!

No comments: