Saturday, April 14, 2007

the shower

I know it's a bit fuzzy, but you can still read the 'Best Whishes' on the cake which my mom ordered from the Superstore. (I guess it also looks a bit like 'Best Whiskers to You and Baby G'.) Perhaps their cake-writing employees should have spelling guides for common cake phrases? I thought this was hilarious!
The decorating committee (thanks, Annie and Christine!) did a lovely job and included my favourite flowers, bringing not one but two pots of tulips to brighten things up.
And we (Adam, baby G and I) were thoroughly spoiled with lots of beautiful gifts, including these ADORABLE slipper/shoe thingies from Ingrid! (By the way, Ingrid - Adam LOVES the CD, too!) So a giant thank you to everyone for coming and celebrating baby G, and to the organizers for all of your thoughtfulness and effort. Hope you enjoy the soap!

PS - To a certain blog reader (I just learned today from a certain relative of yours that you've been reading along) who was at the prenatal clinic the other day - I'm so sorry I didn't even see you or say hello! I can sometimes (OK, often) be completely oblivious to what's going on around me. Adam said when we were in with the Dr. that he saw you guys on our way out of the waiting room. Congratulations, and I hope you have a lovely pregnancy!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! That is too funny about the cake. I remember one Christmas Eve the DQ cake people spelled Jesus wrong on our cake.

The slippers are so cute - we got the same pair from my sister today at our shower. My hairdresser said they're indispensable (one of two things she mentioned!).

ingrid said...

I have a confession to make . . . Jesse got me that very CD a couple of months ago after I heard the title track on the radio. Yes, I own a kids CD and I don't even have kids, nor am I expecting.

Oh! and I love the spelling error of the cake. I didn't even look at it when I was at your house!

Sherrie said...

As always, thanks for the comments! I thought it seemed especially funny since there were some teachers here for the shower. They got a kick out of it, too. :)