Friday, April 06, 2007

post 251

I thought I would post yet again, to share some more of the day's photos and tidbits. (And I couldn't get this to un-underline, for some reason.)

I planted some cat grass a few days ago for a fun centrepiece and it's started to sprout. They're the toughest, coarsest little sprouts ever.
These two terrific windows were given to us by some wonderful friends. After cleaning them up and painting the frames, they're going to be hung on a wall (which one is yet to be decided). I love them!
A picture of the sliced soap which was made this morning, all lined up to dry a bit before wrapping takes place.
And finally, I used cranberries instead of blueberries in the blueberry muffin recipe I posted a few days ago, and made a simple lemon glaze (icing sugar and lemon juice) for on top. The result: YUM! I keep going on about the recipe, but it's just so good I can't help but go on about it. One more great thing is that it makes exactly enough for 12 regular-sized muffins - you don't have to use one cup from another pan, which I always find annoying. I should mention that they're made with Speerville Mills Whole White Flour (I'm still not sure exactly what whole white flour is, but it's a bit darker than regular unbleached white, so I'm assuming some of the wheat's goodness is left intact.)

No comments: