Wednesday, October 15, 2008

kiva


Kiva - loans that change lives


Yay! I'm tickled pink to let you know that I will be making a monthly donation to kiva.org with profits from my soap! It will be a minimum donation of $25 each month, and when the loans are re-paid, they will be re-lent to other entrepreneurs. Click here for more information on Kiva, and here for more information about how the process works. Consider lending, too - it's a great way to make the world a little bit better.

Today also happens to be Blog Action Day against poverty, which I only realized after I made my first donation to this entrepreneur. She's a mother and a teacher and has a small business, so I thought she would be a great first person to lend to.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Great idea! I love Kiva...we just started giving a few months ago. Its amazing that only $25 can make such a big difference in a persons life.