Thursday, October 30, 2008

... so I pulled over and picked them



I was driving back to my office after working with a student this morning, and I saw loads of these gorgeous, stunning, vibrant red berries in the ditch. So I promptly pulled over and picked some of them. I have a thing for red berries, and these ones are amazing.

It has been a very busy week, and I am so excited to spend lots of time with Phillip this weekend. I also have a couple of new magazines to read, and I'm planning on making this cake. Isn't it gorgeous? I've been planning on it for over a week, and haven't had a chance yet. Once again, red berries.

Hey - here's something you might be able to help me with - we're in the market for a new washer and dryer. Ours haven't died yet, but are so old that no one can tell us how old they are. (They were a very generous gift when we were first married, and they have served us well.) We're looking for a set with larger capacity, and more importantly, which are more efficient. I was kind of thinking of buying a Kemore set on sale this week at Sears, but after reading a bunch of terrible reviews on epinions.com, I've decided against that set. Do you have an HE Energy Star rated washer and love it? Hate it? I've decided that it's worth it to take my time finding a good one. Help! Any input is very welcome.

Cute baby in a costume picture coming tomorrow! Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

try kijiji.com

my mom traded a 10-year old fridge for a 5-year old working washer for free.

virginia

Suds to Love said...

In February I gave my still working washer and dryer to a friend, still had a bit of life in them, but with all the dog bedding, I wanted something that was HE. I got them at Home Depot, LG brand part # WM2455HW (washer) and DLE5955W (dryer). I've been nothing but pleased with them.

Sherrie said...

Thanks, Suds!

Sherrie said...

Oops, I posted before finishing. I'll check those ones out for sure. And thanks, Virginia - we're looking for new ones, and will probably give away the old ones. :)

VoofaVoofa said...

Do you know about front-loaders and cloth diapers? Everyone I know who has both says it's a bad deal. In fact, one mama is going to buy a top-loading washer *just* for washing diapers. The front-loaders just don't use enough water to get all the soap out. Lots of stripping involved, especially if you are using pockets or AIOs with fleece. Just something to look into.

Sherrie said...

Thank you, thank you, Voofa! It's kind of funny that you wrote that, because I was reading about so many problems people are having with front-loaders that I decided on an Energy Star top loader after all. I just haven't narrowed that down yet! :) Thanks!