Monday, January 14, 2008

chicken pot pie


Last night for supper, I made this amazing chicken pot pie. The original recipe is here; I modified it a bit by using butter instead of lard, water instead of broth, and omitting the mushrooms. It could easily be vegetarian as well; just add more veggies and omit the chicken (obviously). Delicious comfort food for a January night!
And Adam came up with some silly name (like Adam's Crunchy Delight or something equally descriptive) for what we had for dessert - vanilla yogurt, granola and strawberries. Mmmmm! I know, strawberries in January doesn't exactly fit well with eating local and seasonal food. And they certainly don't taste quite as good as local berries in the summer. Still delicious for a treat!

2 comments:

ingrid said...

Yum. I think I might try the pot pie tonight! Thanks for the recipe.

Goatmeal_Crisp said...

I will try this one -- pot pie is on Eric's meagre "approved foods" list. :) I had tried another from All Recipes but will give this a shot for comparison.