Wednesday, July 23, 2008

crustless quiche, peas in a pod and handy shelving

First up, the crustless quiche I promised. Adam found the recipe on sparkpeople.com, and the original is here. It's incredibly quick and easy to put together, and delicious!

Magic Crust Quiche:
Throw the following into your blender (or use a bowl and a stick blender)
4 eggs
2 cups milk
1/2 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
and 3 tbs butter

Blend until combined. Add in 1 1/2 cups grated cheese (I used a blend of chedder and parmesan) and pulse to combine. Add in whatever other things you like (I was in a hurry, so I threw in some salsa, which ended up tasting fantastic). Ham, onion, broccoli, tomato - all would be delicious! Pour into ungreased 9 inch pie plate, and bake at 350 for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
The peas are coming! The only problem is that I keep eating them when they're this size. Which makes for tasty peas, makes for fewerr larger peas later on.
And these are some shelves I put up recently in our dining room. I took pieces of driftwood from the beach, added some boring brackets from the hardware store (I couldn't find any pretty ones), and I use them to hold my spices and herbs for soapmaking. In pretty wire-top canning jars, of course.

P just went to sleep, so I'm planning on getting some more East of Eden read. Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, good job with the shelves! I'd love to see another picture of it!

Goatmeal_Crisp said...

I'm going to try the quiche right now! Neither Eric nor I are crazy for quiche, but this recipe looks worthy of the ol' college try.

Anne-Marie said...

Wonderful photo of the peas! They are gorgeous ...

Raegan Belliveau said...

that pea photo is awesome. It would like beautiful in a kitchen.