Friday, July 25, 2008

new do, chickpea spread, and a pic for AF

I look kind of hot (I was melting) and my expression is hilariously stupefied in this pic, but I got a haircut I like. And I think it will get better as the humidity decreases. What's even better is that I swap soap for haircuts. How great is that?
A asked for another picture of the shelves. Here you go!
And this is a yummy new recipe I tried out today. It's chickpea spread from Fresh at Home, although I made so many modifications, I'll give you my version.

1 can chickpeas
1 cup finely grated carrots
a bunch of fresh chives from the garden
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 large dill pickle, finely chopped
1 tbsp mayo
1 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp molasses
1 tbsp lemon juice
s&p to taste

Place all ingredients in a bowl and stick blend until it's smooth enough to spread. We ate this spread on pitas filled with mixed greens, broccoli sprouts, red pepper, and cucumber. Phillip loved it, too! It could also be used as a dip with pita bread, crackers, or crispy bread. Delicious!

2 comments:

egassner said...

Love the hair! You look so cute! :D

Anonymous said...

Oh! thanks for the other picture of the shelves! They look so nice, what a good idea!