Thursday, July 17, 2008

summer miscellany

The pea blossoms are out and beautiful, and some peas are well on their way. It is so satisfying to grow your own food!

I borrowed these two books from Ingrid the other day, and am especially enjoying The Food You Crave. Really, the only thing I don't like about it is the title. The recipes are amazing - simple and delicious and quick, as well as creative and healthy. The pictures are gorgeous, too. I think I just might order a copy for myself.

Speaking of Ingrid, Phillip and I went to Th'Yarc yesterday at lunch time for a bite to eat and two short plays (one of which Ingrid was in). All for $8. P was extremely well behaved, and we had a good time.

After making toothpaste yesterday, I was looking at this funny little assortment of recipes for lotions, scrubs, salves, steams, and other homemade potions for various purposes. Mother-in-law gave this box of recipe cards to me awhile ago, and it's really quite good. There are 50 different cards, with lovely pictures of each recipe on the back of the cards. I think I might try whipping some more up this week. Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

Sarah Gomez said...

I borrowed that "The Foods You Crave" book from the library last fall but didn't have time to do much with it... You think it's worth picking up again??

Sherrie said...

I do! I love it. :)