Sunday, January 18, 2009

bowling enlightement and home enlightement

We went bowling yesterday with Ingrid and her hubs. Phillip loved it.
Ingrid kept score.

It's a pretty retro place.

Since it's Comfort Week next week, and to me, comfort = home, here are some great new home-y books I've acquired recently, mostly from redeeming Air Miles for Chapters gift certificates. Nice.

I've heard Annie Bond a few times on Whole Living, a radio show on Martha's channel, and she knows a LOT about green cleaning. This book was mentioned, so I borrowed it from the library. It's not exactly what I was looking for, but it does have some cleaning recipes and useful information on enlightening your home. It's a little bit out there (to me, anyway) on some of the other home things, like using crystals to help people get along at a family dinner, and physically hugging trees. I think what I was hoping for might be in another of her books, Clean & Green. So I put a hold on that one.

Comfort Week starts tomorrow, and I've got an amazing recipe to share! It's not too late to join in the fun!

No comments: