Thursday, March 19, 2009

off for an adventure

My in-laws are here for a few days. MIL bought me this sweet little begonia for my upcoming birthday, and I love it. Especially since I plunked it in the clay pot with the antique saucer. I love pink and green together, especially in Spring.
Speaking of Spring and green, we ate our first food from the garden with last night's supper! The chives are up a wee little bit, so I picked some and we ate them sprinkled on tacos made with local beef. Delicious.
And lastly, I cleaned the windows two days ago. Yesterday, a very loud crash scared me, and I couldn't figure out what it was. I searched the house, and finally gave up. Later on, I realized that those smudges on the window weren't more of Phillip's hand prints, but a greasy bird print, left after a high-impact collision with the glass. Ouch.

I'm glad that you're finding the dishwasher info helpful! Baking soda really is an amazing thing.

Phillip and I are going to visit the in-laws for a few days, so I will be back in a few days. In the meantime, here's P, singing in the pantry with an oven mitt. Happy Spring!

2 comments:

ELK said...

have a wonder filled adventure ! ELK

Jai and Lauren Soloy said...

I can't believe you guys are eating anything out of your garden already! Our chives are still buried under snow! That's so crazy to me, that a couple of hours south would make such a difference.
Thanks, also, for your post on the midwives of Nova Scotia. I, too, signed that petition (although to have it in the Valley) and was incredibly disappointed about the sites that they chose. Although, I am forced to wonder why we even need a study about the benefits of midwifery in the first place. Anyway, I could go on and on, but I won't :)
Have a great holiday!