Saturday, March 01, 2008

words starting with "p" are cute





... including 'papaya' and 'pull-quail'. ("words starting with "p" are cute" is also the name of Ingrid's blog.)

I have never bought a fresh papaya before yesterday, so I thought it was about time. I think it should be a bit brighter, but I guess that's what you get when you buy one on the last day of February in Canada. The woman behind me in line at the grocery store said that it's called 'long life fruit' because it is so good for you. I'm happy with all of these pictures, so I thought I would share.

The pull-quail for Phillip is from Lauren of Sleeping Forest Studios. We had our own little swap, and exchanged soaps for a lovely handmade toy, and it's so cute! Thanks, Lauren!

I've had a busy week at work, and was away all day yesterday. I had almost 5 hours driving by myself (which I enjoy). I got to see a gorgeous sunrise on my way, had a sunny drive home, and listened to four straight episodes of "This American Life". It a fantastic radio show - if you've never heard it before, you should definitely download one of the free weekly podcasts and try it out. It's probably not what you'd imagine, based on the name. I also listened to Kate Nash's Made of Bricks album (for about the hundredth time this week). I love it. A lot. Not all of the songs are kid friendly (check out the titles of tracks 4 and 8). You can check some of her videos out here.

Happy weekend! P (who I hear waking up) and I are going to have a cozy snowy day together while Adam's at work. I'm planning on making this granola recipe. Mmmm!

1 comment:

ingrid said...

Yay for cute "p" words! I've never had papaya and probably never will since I'm allergic to all tropical fruits. Boo.