Monday, March 31, 2008

you say it's your birthday






I received the most beautiful and thoughtful and handmade gifts for my birthday. A donation to Doctors Without Borders and this birch bark ring from Elizabeth Scott's Etsy shop, socks and mittens made by the hands of my knitty friends (the mittens are from Ingrid - she's working on the other one), and the coolest scarf known to man. Oh yeah, it's a pencil. A pencil scarf. And those are Phillip's grubby handprints on the mirror. I'm one lucky duck!
Earth Hour was lovely here at home with a few good friends and some candles. And some very rich cake from Thibault's Bakery. Doesn't this photo look medieval? I love how it turned out.

I've been slowly reading bits and pieces of A Handmade Life. And you know, I think that's the way it's meant to be read. Very enjoyable and inspiring, if a tad bit on the scattered-and-kind-of-erratically-written side (and I would never write like that, now would I?) I like the book so much, and Mr Coperthwaite seems like such a lovely person, that I sent him a couple of bars of soap in the mail today with a note. I hope he enjoys them.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Did you have a birthday recently?

Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to Sherrieeeee!
Happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuu

Hope you had a great one :)

Sarah C said...

Happy belated birthday, Sherrie!

That has to be the coolest scarf ever!