Tuesday, December 02, 2008

a great gift set, no heat dry, and 18 months today

Are any of you local readers interested in buying a fabulous gift set for someone for Christmas? This set is in a huge, beautiful basket, and contains:
Oatmeal, Milk & Honey soap
Sweet Birch soap
Strawberry Cream soap
Peppermint Poppyseed soap
handmade pottery soap dish (blue)
Candy Cane bath salts
Cherry Almond bath salts
Bergamot Fizzing Milk Bath
Peppermint Fizzing Milk Bath
Candy Cane Sugar Scrub (4oz)
Pink Grapefruit Sugar Scrub (16 oz)

It's worth over $60, and I'm asking $40. Leave a comment if you're interested!
I bought this strange tealight thing at Frenchy's today. It's not like me to buy little candle things, but this one reminded me of elvish hats and winter tree-shapes. I'm a sucker for pottery, and I have some crafty Christmas tree-plans which may or may not come to fruition this month. This could be used undrneath one of those.

This is the newest member of our family! It's a cute little portable dishwasher. We lived without a dishwasher until today, and I must say that my outlook on life is just a little bit brighter now that I can use former dishwashing time in other, more fun, ways. Like playing Carcassone, which is what Adam and I are going to do in a few minutes. Best. Game. Ever. (Yes, Jamie. It's made in Germany. Heh heh.) Oh - it's also has the Energy Star efficiency rating, and we'll be using less water. Excellent. We bought it from a local store, as well.

I also wanted to thank all of you for the comments that you're so sweet to leave! I'm sorry I seldom get back to you individually, but I try to respond within the comments field as often as I think of it. Which isn't as often as I would like.


And lastly, but certainly not leastly, Phillip is 18 months old today! Here's he and Adam, reading a book they picked up at the library this morning. P loves it, in case you can't tell.

10 comments:

Stacey J. said...

O my goodness, I love that book!!!!! I have it memorized so when we're out and about we can recite it to keep mine occupied!

ingrid said...

Yay! You got your dishwasher!! I'm going to Halifax today and I'm going to keep an eye out for one of those rotary "clean/dirty" signs.

Anonymous said...

You gift box looks lovely..The soap names are so yummy

Anonymous said...

Sherrie, I would to buy that gift set. Please save it for me!!

Hungry Janey said...

Oh my soul...you will LOVE your new dishwasher! We got one about a year ago and I have been blissfully happy ever since. Okay, that might be an overstatement, but I love it. We only run it twice a week so I still do my share of dishes, but it's still a nice break!

Heidi said...

I'm a sucker for anything pottery and tree/leaf related. The two together are a dangerous combination.

What a sweet little babe. Even sweeter when reading with dad = )

Anonymous said...

I loved how P looked back at you with that expression!

Hooray for your new dishwasher! I really love mine: fill it up totally and you're actually using less water than by hand-washing, I've read.

Your gift basket is beautiful! I'd buy it if I lived near you.

Sherrie said...

Thanks, everyone! I am in LOVE with the dishwasher. I've already saved so much time. (And water, you're right, Teresa!) And Heidi, of course trees, leaves, and pottery are things you love. We were separated at birth, you know.

Unknown said...

We are having the same issues here with the dishwasher dilemma. I'm the dish doer and I want the robot to do them for me but where does it go when it's not in use? We have a small kitchen.

What's your secret?

Sherrie said...

Hi Andrew! We currently have a rather inconvenient spot where the dishwasher lives. It blocks a couple of cupboards which house seldom-used items. We're going to get around to making it a more permanent home in our pantry - we just have to cut a small piece of hideous counter top off, and it's open underneath. I must say, I'm loving the robot. :)