Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas!

My 'Merry Christmas' post was supposed to be one of those short and sweet messages with a single lovely picture, but I'm going to do a bit of rambling. We had a snow and wind storm at the end of the weekend, and had no power for a day and a half. Luckily, we have a wood stove, so we were fine. We were also lucky that we didn't have any damage to our house. Lots of trees are down, a car was burned out by a power line on our street, and we're very lucky indeed. I haven't verified, but I heard that the gusts were up to 120 km/hr. Overnight on Sunday, I actually thought that the wind could have blown through out windows. It was wild.
To catch up on a few other things, Annie and Ingrid came over on Saturday and opened some gifts. Ingrid got that nifty roll-up needle holder from Annie, from this shop, which I think is adorable. We made some cake and generally had a lovely visit.
Oh, and those crazy knitters fluffed a rodent. (That's Annie's Ravelry Christmas t-shirt from Ingrid). I won't say anything else about the rodent, as it's a Christmas gift having nothing to do with me, but it was an entertaining way to pass the time.

So, I'm signing off for a little holiday. I hope that you all have a lovely break with lots of rest and happy times. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A Merry Christmas to you and your family too! Glad you stayed warm in the storm and that your windows didn't get blown in.

And thanks for the reminder to go check my Ravelry account. ;)