Friday, April 03, 2009

necklace storage & it's about time for some frenchy's finds

My necklaces have been not-so-stylishly stored on hideous plastic dollar store hooks until today. I liked that they were visible and accessible, but the hooks had to go.
So I was really excited to pick up these fun hooks at Wicker Emporium, on sale for $3 each. They look much nicer, and the necklaces won't get whacked by the door when Phillip opens it excitedly, like they did before.Can you tell that it's raining? Today's pictures are rather dark and drab and slightly blurred, but I'm too impatient to wait until tomorrow to share. I found a couple of very fun things today at Frenchy's when I scooted in for all of two minutes today. That orange thing is a felted wool pot handle cover, and it's perfect for our cast iron pan, which we use just about every day. I've been meaning to make one for about three years, so I thought that I should probably fork out the 25 cents and use this one. It's in the wash, yipee!
And check out this fabric! It's a couple of old curtains, and I love the pattern. I think I'll try making something from this book with it.
Happy weekend!

4 comments:

Stacey J. said...

Love the hooks!

Kristina Strain said...

That is fantastic fabric. Vintage curtains are such wonderful things.

Kristina
Sweetfern Handmade

Bobbiann said...

That book looks cool. Maybe I can borrow it sometime?

I love the pot handle cover. And the hooks. Actually, I always find your blog posts interesting.

Sherrie said...

You can definitely borrow it, Bobbiann! If you're here for M's shower, you can get it then. :)