Thursday, April 23, 2009

happy mailbox

These have nothing to do with the mailbox. I picked them this afternoon after work. Also after buying some at the grocery store, since despite all of my ditch-stalking as I drove for work, I hadn't found any. Until right after I paid for some, of course. These ones that I picked are much nicer than the store ones.

This has more to do with the mailbox! Jen, The Wool Fairy, and I did a swap this week. She's right here in Nova Scotia, and has a blog here, and an Etsy shop, here. She makes these adorable wool vegetables, which Phillip loves. The 'salad' (lettuce leaves in the bowl) are today's favourite. I love Jen's presentation, too - especially the stamp on the berry box. Brilliant! Thanks, Jen!

Does this fabric look familiar? The very talented Austen, who had that fantastic project in Canadian Living, made the bag from this material, and was sweet and kind enough to offer to send me some when I gushed over how great I think it is! I can't wait to whip up one of those bags. She's also just started a brand new craft blog, Make & Do, over at Canadian Living. It's definitely worth checking out, especially since there's a giveaway going on over there right now. (I shouldn't even tell you, since I really want that book, but in the interest of being kind, I will.)

Happy Thursday!

5 comments:

katrina lauren said...

love spring time pussy willows...so pretty! just wanted to say that i really enjoy all your photos...always so pretty. i love how you focus on the object and the background fuzzes out...
i need to take a photography class...i am struggling to learn how to use my camera (and i hate reading manuals! ha!)

ingrid said...

Nice haul! I love the crocheted veg -- so cute!

Madame Melville said...

Thanks for the kind words. Glad to hear little Phillip loves his greens - yum!

Speaking of yum, tried out my carrot soap lastnight. Loved it! Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Alli over at Ocean Treasures just posted about pussy willows too! :) So pretty! I named a cat Willow, as in Pussy Willow, once.

Your friend, Jen, is incredibly, incredibly talented! I hope you're not expecting anything that spectacular from me in our swap. What a lot to have to live up to...

Thanks for the heads-up about the giveaway over at Canadian Living! :)

Austen said...

hey, thanks for the mention! i'm so glad your fabric arrived...can't wait to see what you make with it! happy weekend!