Thursday, February 01, 2007

in honour of post 194...

I am asking you all to cross your fingers, toes, eyes, and whatever else you may have that's crossable. There's a winter storm watch from my friends at Environment Canada for tonight and tomorrow, meaning that tomorrow has serious snow day potential. This is a matter of great importance, as an hour snuggled in bed is pitted against getting up early and going to work. (I'll say again, it's not that I don't like my job, it's just that a bonus day off is my favourite thing next to a bowl of strawberries with just the right amount of sugar (craving of the past few weeks, along with swiss cheese slices from the deli, although not necessarily together. Cold, perfect slices, just as they are, without anything else to detract from their wonderful-ness.) Come to think of it, I could have a bowl of strawberries and swiss cheese on a snow day, and that would just about have me unglued.) I use a ridiculous number of parentheses on any given day. My apologies to those who it may annoy.

Adam's finished scraping the old wallpaper from baby G's room, after two solid days steaming from early morning 'til night. Because there could possibly be lead paint between some of the layers (previous owners painted over at least one layer of wallpaper in every room of the house we've done so far) Adam bought a fancy mask suitable for lead paint removal and was extremely careful when working away and cleaning up. I wasn't anywhere near, and he still won't let me in the room, so pictures will have to wait, possibly until it's finished.

My first ebay diapers arrived today! 6 plain prefolds (old fashioned diapers, pretty much) which are now in the wash. I also picked up a few really cute onesies at Frenchy's yesterday. 60 cents each. Not bad at all.

Well, if tomorrow does indeed turn out to be a snow day, I'll be sure to let you know.

2 comments:

ingrid said...

Ooooh! I hope you have a snow day! That would be so much fun! The weather is pretty scary right now, but it's supposed to turn into . . . rain. Aw.

But my fingers are crossed for much snow!

Sherrie said...

Thanks, Ingrid, it worked! :)