Monday, February 19, 2007

snowy snow day #8

I think it's number 8. I'd have to check my agenda to make sure. They said on the radio this morning that about 20cm of snow fell overnight, making for this winter wonderland. This is exactly what I saw when I sat up in bed this morning. I love how our bedroom window looks out over the garden, especially in the summer when the window's open and the birds are singing.
This is one of my favourite trees in our yard; It's set up for my hammock swing to hang from one of its branches, right in the middle of the summer jungle which we call a garden.
It's crazy how the snow piled up overnight on the rose bushes and the fencing (the roads were clear and most of the snow had melted from the lawns when we went to bed) and especially strange that there was no wind. Even since I snapped these half an hour ago, the wind has picked up and it's pretty wild outside.
Our back step, somewhere in there!

So, I have another snow day to fill. I would definitely like to sew something; I have enough of the sandwich wrap material left to make one more of those, and maybe I'll find a pouch sling pattern that doesn't look too difficult. I'll definitely post pictures if I get it started! Happy snow day!

No comments: