Tuesday, February 06, 2007

snow day 3.0

Another snow day, hooray! This is our street, a main street in town. What a mess! I'm very happy to not have to drive anywhere today. I find that I'm much more cautious with this baby travelling around with me. Speaking of whom, baby G has been kicking up a storm this morning. :) A storm, get it? Heh heh.
And this is a corner of our fabulous yard amidst the snow. That's our japanese cherry tree in the corner, and a bit of a very fat yew on the left. As much as I like how it all looks covered in snow, I'm eager for summer when it's easier to sit under the cherry tree and read!

I found a neat idea at Craft Leftovers this morning. I think I'll make some of these reusable cloth tea bags sometime today. And some squares (they're super easy and you can make them to your liking - melt some mini marshmallows and a little bit of butter together in a fairly large pot, remove from heat and throw in whatever you have on hand (oats, dried cranberries, raisins, sunflower seeds, chocolate chips, coconut, pecans, almonds, or other nuts, you get the idea) stir them all together and press in a pan of a suitable size. Mmmmmm.) And hopefully I'll get my closet cleaned out and organized - I won't be using most of my regular size work clothes until next January, so I think they can be stored! I have chicken and wild rice in the crockpot, so lunch is taken care of. Again, mmmmmm. It's shaping up to be a super snow day!

2 comments:

ingrid said...

Jesse and I went to Pubnico yesterday and had to stay overnight because we were snowed in! The weather was even worse in Pubnico than in Yarmouth. We drove back to Yarmouth this morning (it took about 1hr 15min) and are safe and sound. What a storm!

Sherrie said...

I'm glad you waited it out and made it home safe and sound - holy smokes, what a snowy mess! And it's calling for more tomorrow. Maybe another snow day? :)