Monday, February 19, 2007

a sling, a sling, a wonderful thing


Here's my project of the day - a sling for baby G and me! The top picture is the cut material, pinned and ready for the first stitching, and I'm wearing the completed sling in the bottom picture (it's stuffed with a rolled up piece of material to simulate baby G, and should fit a bit better after the baby's born and my belly's a little smaller). The material I used was once a tab-top curtain from (take a wild guess!) Frenchy's, which I made into a shower curtain. When I found the new Martha Stewart shower curtain at Frenchy's, I decided that this one would be great sling material. It's thick cotton, in a nice neutral colour. I found the pattern for the sling here and it couldn't be much easier to make. I'm going to make one for Adam soon. Because this particular one is a pouch sling and isn't adjustable, the one pictured is made to fit me. And since Adam is over a foot taller than me, he definitely needs his own! Although it isn't adjustable for the adult, it can be worn in a variety of ways to accommodate a growing baby.
Edit: I just found a video clip illustrating the proper way to fold and put on the sling, which isn't quite what you see in the picture! We'll get it down before baby arrives!

No comments: