Thursday, February 15, 2007

tour, dreams, and another snow day!

We had our tour of the labour and delivery wing of the hospital last night! It was very nice to be able to have a concrete mental picture of exactly what to expect when baby G arrives. I think we both felt more excited and more prepared afterward.

I dreamed last night that baby G had arrived, and it was a boy! My dream began at Frenchy's with a friend of mine, and we were looking at a Snugli. Then all of a sudden, the baby was in my arms. Then I started to realize that he had just been born, and I had given Adam carte blanche to name him, and Adam called him Stuart. He was very cute, but I also realized that he was less than 24 hours old, and I had him with me, out in public at Frenchy's. Also, I realized that at the hospital, they hadn't told me how much he weighed when he was born, they hadn't shown me how to change his diaper, or anything else I needed to know. This was because there were too many people in the hospital, so they just shipped me out as soon as I had given birth to him. I asked a lady who worked at Frenchy's if she had any diapers I could use (I didn't have a diaper bag or any diapers with me) and the diapers that baby G needed (according to the hospital people) were actually rubber bands. Pretty absorbent, eh? Strange dreams! I think I dreamed about them sending me home so quickly last night because the hospital is full, and they're using beds everywhere. So we were warned that we might be in a room with an elderly pneumonia patient when we're there to have our babies. They also said that May / June are much less likely than February to be months when there are lots of people there with infections and so forth. Anyway, I thought that was quite the dream!

And lastly, it's another snow day! I'm losing count... I think this is number 6. I dropped Adam off at work, picked up some much-needed groceries, and just finished cleaning up the pantry shelves. So many things get done when I'm not at work! I'm hoping to complete something crafty this afternoon. A crafty nap, perhaps?

No comments: