Warning: this post will be of the listy, mish-mashy kind.
1. Confession: A couple of people ordered soap. In my rush to get it to them quickly, I was too impatient to wait for my nice packing materials to arrive, and I did a shoddy packing job. I apologize, and feel obligated to post my apology. This is the kind of thing that keeps me up at night. The soap is lovely, though! I finished my first Etsy-worthy batch, so it's just waiting to be posted. I'm hoping for next Monday to have things up and running.
2. I've been catching up on my Google Reader feeds (Reader is my favourite web tool!) and seeing all sorts of beautiful handmade gifts and decorations which people have been working on in preparation for Christmas. I know that the 25th is well on its way, I have been busy getting gifts together, and the dining room is decorated. But I feel like each day is kind of flying by while I go about my regular business, as well as getting things ready for the Etsy shop. I think I need to slow down and enjoy things more. And get out of the house more, too - I find my whole frame of mind changes when I'm out and about, especially with Phillip.
3. Tree: we'll be cutting a little tree from my dad's woodlot again this year. They need to be thinned, we can enjoy the tree for awhile inside, and then the branches can go over the flower beds. This is something I really look forward to doing, and Phillip can come with us! We also need to get a family Christmas photo to send out, which we may do when we're getting the tree. We're kind of late on that one, but there's still time.
4. Gifts: I think that the only way I can get everything ready to go is if I leave it until the last minute. That doesn't seem to make much sense, does it? Otherwise, though, I'll just be waiting for a big block of uninterrupted time, and that's just not going to happen.
5. Work: I go back to work in less than a month. I really don't want to think about it, but it's like a whale sneaking up on me while I'm in a kayak (only I know that it's coming, so I dread it. The whale isn't very sneaky. The dread is what I'm going for.) I cannot imagine being apart from Phillip for a good part of the day. Ack.
Thanks for humouring me!